A blog post earlier this year - Extreme Plein Air - painting the Antarctic! - showed what it was like for Rowan Huntly who painting plein air in Antarctica on HMS Scott! (see her expedition to Antarctica on her Antarctica Blog.) Rowan was helped by Sarah in preparing for an earlier trip to Greenland.
|the beautiful classic sailing yacht Noorderlicht |
to be used as a floating studio' for next summer's 'Artistic Odyssey' in Svalbard.
Plus you get to stay on a sailing ship and use it as a floating studio!
We've designed this adventure specifically for artists: Book before 1st October!Sarah wondered whether any of the plein air bloggers who read this blog might be interested - and I'm happy to help highlight the opportunity
Join us for a superb voyage of Artistic discovery in the Arctic, only 600 miles from the North Pole.
- Breathtaking widlife
- Amazing Arctic landscapes and seascapes
- 24 hours of daylight
- Time to stand and stare and sketch and think.
- Good long forays ashore, not just a quick dash then off to the next.
- Really high staff ratio - so we can divide our little group still smaller.
- Beautiful classic yacht as our 'floating studio'.. and you can help sail her!
- Expert painting tuition if you would like it.
- Informal, laid-back and convivial.
All welcome! Whether you are a beginner, a dabbler or a professional - and whatever your art: Painter, sculptor, writer, photographer, musician, dancer.... or the long-suffering travelling companion of an artist!
I'm looking for Plein Air artists to join a Spitsbergen journey next June and Rowan suggested some of you bloggers might be interested! We've got 6 so far but need another 6 for the trip to go ahead. I am able to offer a free place to anybody who is able to bring 4 paying artists with them, so please do spread the word to your friends and 'fans'.If you are interested please contact Sarah via her website.