Wolf Kahn, an influential modern landscape painter, explains why people become artists, despite the apparent impracticality of art.
|Wolf Kahn - 6 good reasons not to paint a landscape|
- There's no ideology these days to back up landscape painting
- It's all been done
- It's far too polite - it ends up in hospital waiting rooms and corporate boardrooms
- You're mistaken by the public to be a lover of beauty
- You're mistaken to be an environmentalist
- There's no politics in landscape painting
There's a link which indicates you can download the audio file of the lecture to listen to as a podcast.
Thanks to Loriann Signori who highlighted this on her blog today.
The lecture is on The Forum Network which is a public media service of WGBH in Boston
So - did you listen to the lecture? What do you think?